Desserto leather is a sustainable vegan leather derived from organic USDA certified Nopal cactus that is backed on recycled cotton. This smooth vegan leather aims to offer a plant-based alternative, without the usage of chemicals, phthalates, and PVC.
The homogeneous colouring of the material is achieved through organic GOTS-certified pigments and non-toxic chemicals such as bio-polyurethane. The organic pigment layer provides light protection. Our cactus leather has a smooth texture, soft touch, and sturdy performance.
Cactus-based leather is highly organic, partially biodegradable, and exceptionally supple. However, a few precautions need to be observed. Desserto leather has similar characteristics to smooth cow leather and therefore also requires regular moisture to remain elastic and not become brittle.
In order to enjoy your bag for a long time, we recommend treating it with a professional vegan leather care product before the first use and from time to time. We'd like to recommend using this particular care kit.
- Please do not use leather grease, oils, or wax for cactus leather, as it can clog the pores and may render it incapable to be cleaned.
- Avoid solvents such as alcohol, acetone, silicones, soda, or detergent cleaners, as these cause permanent damage to the material. Please use water-based detergents instead.
- Do not use harsh chemical solvents since they may dry out the plant-based leather.
- Do not use conventional waterproofing sprays, as they contain alcohol or other chemical solvents that might damage the surface.
- Avoid excessive sun and light exposure, since it may cause colour fading on the surface.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects and rough surfaces.
- Avoid contact with any material that could transfer colour pigments.
- In case of light stains, clean the bag gently with a damp cloth and a mild soap solution.