Metallic, Crackled, Snakey, Reptile, Python, Crocodile, Cell, Leafgold and Honeycomb leather
A multi-stage process is used for our foiled and / or embossed leathers. One or more wafer-thin film(s) is / are applied onto the leather using heat and pressure. Depending on the product, the leather is treated with a laser, embossing or a roller, so that the desired crackled, reptile or honeycomb effect is created. This procedure changes the natural grain of the natural hide.
For our honeycomb, leafgold, cell and crocodile leather, we only use leather from vegetable tanning.
The foil applied onto the leather already offers a certain protection against external influences such as moisture and fading. Nevertheless, you should protect your bag from environmental conditions and dehydration as much as possible. With time and use, this leather develops a matte and powdery surface. Clean your bag regularly with a damp microfiber or cotton cloth and wipe it dry. Apply a small amount of Colourlock Shine Milk onto clean sponge, viscose or microfiber cloth and rub the product gently into the leather. Make sure that you distribute the product evenly. Wait 20-30 minutes for the bag to dry and repeat this process from time to time.
- Do not use leather grease or wax as well as conventional waterproofing sprays, as they contain alcohol or other chemical solvents that might damage the surface.
- Avoid contact with any material that could transfer colour pigments.
- Avoid contact with sharp objects and rough surfaces.
- Avoid contact with water and other liquids, as they can cause stains.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, since it may cause colour fading on the surface.
- Do not use soaps or chemical solvents for cleaning. In case of light stains, clean the bag gently with a damp cloth. If the stain remains, please contact a leather specialist.